Monday 7 July 2014

† Kidsyoyo: Marionette Girl Onepeice Review †

†Review †
Marionette Girl Onepiece and Headband
Kidsyoyo



Brand : Kidsyoyo (http://kidsyoyo.taobao.com/)
Style :One Piece & Headband
Year : 2011
Colorway : Black
Measurements;
Bust 88-98cm
Waist 70-90cm


Dress Information



This replica by Kidsyoyo was originally made by Angelic Pretty (pics below) and is my dream dress, if you read my awaiting blog post here you will know I wanted the original but had one heck of a time finding it. I was concerned that I may not be able to fit into this OP, the measurements were quite good but when I first wanted this dress I was near 115cm, now that I am more 102cm I was about 50% unsure if this dress would fit. To my own surprise it does, however the arms are a tiny bit short on this replica (seem near jsk's short) it is still a lovely dress. 
This dress is velveteen fabric which is quite heavy and does not breath. I would advice wearing this on a cool, cold or winters day. Not only is the fabric thick but the silk lining adds to the heat of this garment. I love the clip on pearl chain on the chest with the playing cards and the netting bow, this is detachable which would be very handy when wanting to take a different look for this outfit.
I am not a huge fan of the headdress. The construction is fantastic and it looks beautiful but I think this would have been better as a large headbow or a small beret on its own as the little velveteen pieces on the band looks a bit odd.



 Dress and Band Photographs


I'd like to add before you look into these photographs that they are covered in dog hair and had one dot/food stain on it (easy to wash off). Unfortunately for me, the seller of this dress has a dog and got hair all over the dress. I was fully aware she had a dog so I wasn't shocked it had hair on it but there was more than I thought there would be. The dress, despite it's age is in quite good nick and the headband seems basically brand new. The seller was really nice to me and kept me in constant updates so I've still left her good feedback.





 Trying it on

After spending at least 10-15 mins trying to get most of the dog hair off I decided to try on the onepiece and was happy to discover it fits. As you can see the sleeves are a little smaller than I thought, I could always wear it with a bolero but I think the bolero covers it up to much. This was a really quick try on, again no make up or wig, was just to see if it fits. May need to us my A line petticoat for this dress and give the bust a good iron press as due to the packaging the bust black ribbon (at the top of the bust over the scallops) kept tucking into my chest.




Looking forward to wearing this bad boy out,
Pleasant Dreams †

No comments:

Post a Comment